We won’t back down. Here’s what you can do.
The Supreme Court just took away our constitutional right to abortion. This gives politicians new power to control our bodies and our freedom.
By severely limiting abortion access for millions, politicians will cause immediate harm and force people to travel hundreds (sometimes thousands) of miles for care — if they have the resources.
Reproductive rights are human rights. Anti-abortion politicians are taking away our power to control our personal decisions — and Oregon is not immune from these attacks. Rural Oregonians will be directly impacted by Idaho’s trigger ban, and for many people in our state — like people with low incomes; Black, Latino and Indigenous people; and people without immigration documents — systemic racism and discrimination means the right to abortion has never been guaranteed.
But this fight is far from over. Together, we can and will protect and care for each other and fight to increase abortion access in every community:
- Follow us on social media. You can find the latest updates on our Instagram, Facebook and Twitter feeds.
- Donate to an abortion fund, including the Northwest Abortion Access Fund, Cascades Abortion Support Collective and Oregon Reproductive Health Equity Fund. These organizations coordinate the logistical, emotional and financial needs of folks seeking abortion care in Oregon.
- Support a local Planned Parenthood health center by making an appointment for sexual and reproductive health care.
- Help independent clinics, a key part of the ecosystem of abortion access that are essential in their communities. In a time of ongoing political attacks on reproductive rights, we need all doors to stay open.
- Create change with Raíz Oregon, which is committed to breaking down barriers in accessing health care in the Latinx community.
- Share your story! Why do you fight for abortion access? Every voice can make a difference.
- Vote for pro-abortion candidates in November. Oregon is a leading state for reproductive freedom because voters have shown up time and time again to elect leaders who believe in reproductive health and rights. Click here for Planned Parenthood PAC of Oregon’s endorsements.
Oregonians want abortion justice, and our right to bodily autonomy is not negotiable. Thank you for staying involved in this fight!